Ralf Stephan wrote:
Hello,
I'm using mutt as MUA in an xterm on VT1 and calling up,
via urlview, FF on VT2 with a web page from a mail URL.
Up to some time recently, Firefox only switched VT the
first time I did this, now it does it every time, annoyingly.

I would like to make FF stick to a specific VT, or just
not switch VT when called from another. Possible?

It does not happen here. I'm on KDE 3.5.10. I guess you have "Focus Stealing Prevention" disabled. KDE Control Center->Desktop->Window Behavior->Advanced->Focus Stealing Prevention Level->Choose at least "Low" here.

If you're on something else than KDE, I don't know :P Look for the equivalent of KDE's focus stealing prevention in your WM/DE (if it has one).