> On 12.01.2009 00:13, Jason Carson wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> I am trying to setup postfix with domainkeys. I installed dk-milter and
>> ran the following as I was told to do after emerging it ...
>
> DomainKeys is deprecated and is replaced by DKIM.  You are much better
> off using mail-filter/dkim-milter.  If you are using amavisd-new with
> your postfix, I suggest you use amavisd-new to check and sign your mail
> and do not use milters at all.
>
> [...]
>>  * After you configured your MTA, publish your key by adding this TXT
>> record to your domain:
>>  *   default._domainkey   IN   TXT  "g=; k=rsa; t=y; o=~; p=keygoeshere"
>>
>>  * t=y signifies you only test the DK on your domain.
>>  * See the DomainKeys specification for more info.
>>
>> but I don't understand what this part mean...

I don't understand what this part below means...

Make sure you add these parameters to your dk-filter command line:
-b sv -d your-domain.com -H -s /etc/mail/dk-filter/default.private
-S default

I tried the following two commands with no luck

dk-filter -b sv -d jasoncarson.ca -H -s
/etc/mail/dk-filter/default.private -S default

...and...

 /etc/init.d/dk-filter -b sv -d jasoncarson.ca -H -s
/etc/mail/dk-filter/default.private -S default

...any other suggestions or am I doing something wrong?

> http://www.dkim.org/
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DomainKeys
> http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/amavisd-new-docs.html#dkim
> http://www.postfix.org/MILTER_README.html

Thanks for the links, I will check them out.