On 25 Jan 2009, at 01:08, Grant wrote:
Sounds like a good idea.  Would one be better than the other?

Depends what o/s you're using everywhere. I wasn't sure if your media player was actually a PC or some kind of standalone box.

Samba is fine when you're double-clicking in a GUI to connect - from Macs or Windows - and if I'm mounting manually at the command line I find its syntax less wieldy. I find NFS easier to use between Linux systems - intuition would indicate that it should give better performance than Samba, but I have heard this may not (always?) be the case.

Stroller.