090129 Paul Hartman wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 4:03 PM, smallnow <small...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> http://www.openmobilefree.net/index.php?entry=entry090125-211840
>> This page works fine on default fonts of other distros.
>> For me, its got blocks for all the asian characters.
>> I'm using deja-vu font in firefox,

My default font is New Century Schoolbook.

>> The utf-8 guide says to enable cjk use flag

Not enabled here.  In  /etc/make.conf , I have

  USE="-* apm bitmap-fonts bonobo bzip2 cdr crypt cups dbus dri foomaticdb
     gcj gdbm gif gnutls gpm gtk gtk2 hal imagemagick imlib
     java javascript jpeg kde lcms libwww lm_sensors mime motif mpeg
     multilib ncurses nptl nptlonly nsplugin nvidia opengl
     pcre pdf perl plotutils png pop python qt3 readline
     scanner session slang ssl
     threads tiff tk truetype truetype-fonts type1-fonts
     unicode usb win32codecs X xml xorg xv zlib"

In  /etc/locale.gen , I have

  en_US ISO-8859-1
  en_US.UTF-8 UTF-8

> what is your character encoding set to (View -> Character Encoding) ?
> it comes up as GB2312 on mine and everything looks good to me.

Same here.  I'm using Firefox 3.0.5 .

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca