I have a custom build of python 2.3 for work compatability purposes. I built
pysqlite-2.5.1 against it, but it refuses to load.

msoul...@anton:...mp/pysqlite-2.5.1$ ~/work/msl8/bin/python
Python 2.3.7 (#1, Jan 21 2009, 17:23:45)
[GCC 4.1.2 (Gentoo 4.1.2 p1.1)] on linux2
>>> from pysqlite2 import dbapi2 as sqlite
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "pysqlite2/dbapi2.py", line 27, in ?
    from pysqlite2._sqlite import *
ImportError: No module named _sqlite

A pysqlite developer tells me that this is due to sqlite being built on my
Gentoo box with custom options. He did not elaborate as to which options might
cause the issue.

I don't suppose anyone has done this themselves? I'm not sure how to solve
this.

Mike
--
Michael P. Soulier <msoul...@digitaltorque.ca>