On Wednesday 04 February 2009 23:02:38 Grant wrote:
> I think I've gotten to the bottom of my boost problem.  I have
> rb_libtorrent installed which requires >=dev-libs/boost-1.35, meaning
> boost needs to be in package.keywords.  If I remove boost from
> package.keywords, should portage tell me there is a problem?  I like
> the idea of being able to edit package.keywords and know that portage
> will either upgrade/downgrade based on the changes, or tell me if
> there is a depended-on package installed which doesn't have the
> necessary package.keywords entry.

Portage should throw a blocker in that case if boost needs to be rebuilt. You
have one package that requires keywording, but you don't have a keyword. I'm
not sure offhand what portage will do if you run 'emerge -uND world' and
boost does not require rebuilding, but I *think* it will simply leave it
alone. OTOH, I don't have an easy way to create scenario to test this right
now.

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com