Naga wrote:
On Thursday 05 February 2009 20:32:53 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
Naga wrote:
I've reinstalled KDE-4.2 from portage at least 3 times, and in between
compiling it from svn. The svn copy always works ok, the portage one is
always missing Oxygen.
Do you have kde-base/kdebase-desktoptheme installed?  That's Oxygen.

Yes, that only pulls in some files under .../default/... (instead of .../oxygen/...) no mention about Oxygen.

That is correct. The default *is* Oxygen and it's installed in "share/apps/desktoptheme/default".

The package itself says (try "eix kdebase-dektoptheme"):

It's the default style in KDE 4 without you having to enable it. So I guess if it still doesn't work and doesn't get listed in System Settings->Appearance->Style, something is messed up. I would go over the packages one by one and see if I have some left-overs from some overlay.