b.n. wrote:
Michael Hentsch ha scritto:
The file /etc/sudoers should always be edited with visudo. visudo uses
file locking, provides basic sanity checks and checks for parse errors.

This always made me crazy.

Why, why, why should I use a specialized editor to edit a system file?
It's not like we have vixorgconf, vifstab. You are welcome to edit these
files with any editor you like. Why is /etc/sudoers special?

Because it needs to be checked for errors before you save it.

But visudo uses the editor specified in the EDITOR environment variable (a lot programs do; EDITOR for editing and VISUAL for viewing). In /etc/env.d/99local, I have:

  EDITOR=kwrite

So here, visudo brings up KDE's text editor.