Imagine my surprise when the nightly rsync of Gentoo distfiles with ibibilo
resulted in my distfile repository getting totally deleted.  After a few
emails wit the admins at ibibilo I finally got the answer that I was looking
for... the truth...

>> Jerry,
>>
>> We are no longer rsyncing the distfiles due to space constraints on our
>> distributions volume. Gentoo's own instructions for setting up a mirror
>> recommend excluding the distfiles directory:
>>
>> http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/rsync.xml
>>
>> If you need these files, you could try the other mirrors listed on this
>> page:
>>
>> http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/mirrors2.xml
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Matt

I promptly emailed back an offer of two new 1,000 gig drives if they would put
the gentoo distfiles back up and... no answer....

Guess they really don't care.

                             From the desk of:
                             Jerome D. McBride

   17:17:08 up 57 days, 23:24,  5 users,  load average: 0.14, 0.09, 0.02