On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 5:40 PM, Dirk Heinrichs
<dirk.heinri...@online.de> wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 15. Februar 2009 22:31:40 schrieb Guillermo Garron:
>
>> Here you can find the config file for my current kernel.
>
> This has CONFIG_E1000=y
>
>> And the used to generate the new kernel (where NIC is not detected)
>
> This has both CONFIG_E1000=y and CONFIG_E1000E=y, maybe that's the problem.
>
> What does lspci -v tell about the used driver? Anything useful in the dmesg
> output?

Hi,
Thanks for your prompt response.

Here is the output of this command

sudo lspci -v | grep Ether

00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82566DC Gigabit Network
Connection (rev 02)

> BTW: There are also some other NICs enabled in both your configs.

Yes, that is because I am not good a compiling kernels and did not
know how to discover what NIC I have to enable only that driver or
module. :(

--
Guillermo Garron
"Linux IS user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are."