I believe he is referring to capacitors, you should be able to google for some pictures of common capacitors.

They look like little barrels, usually dark blue as I look at my motherboard... They have special electrical paste in them, if it leaks, they are dead.

Harry Putnam wrote:
Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerar...@googlemail.com> writes:

Do the easy thing first. Clean your case, reseat all cards and
memory modules and check all caps while doing so. Any of them
deformed? The 'head' going up?  Strange stuff around its feet?
Congratulation, you need new hardware.

Sorry to be a numb skull here but what do you mean by `caps'