On Saturday 28 February 2009 10:21:40 am Grant Edwards wrote:
> I see.  I don't plan on installing to the HD, so it's not
> something I need to worry about ... except I guess installing
> to a USB flash drive is logically equivalent, so I probably do
> have to worry about it.  I wonder if Linux and OS-X can share a
> swap partition...
The way my mac came from the factory was with 2 partitons.  The first, I
think, is some special partition needed for EFI and doesn't even show in OSX
disk util.  The second is the OSX HFS+ partition.  What I did was resize the
HFS+ partition in OSX with disk util then created 2 new partitions for
linux-swap and linux with parted on the livecd.