On 17 Mar 2009, at 19:33, Mick wrote:
An applemac friend sent me a file with a .sitx extension.  I installed
stuffit, but I get this error:

$ unstuff Limited1.sitx
Unsupported format exception: archive format is not supported

Advise you tell your friend:

  http://www.apple.com/pro/tips/zip.html

In 10.5 the "Create Archive" option has been renamed "Compress", and the menu order slightly reorganised.

There is NO REASON for using Stuffit files these days - unless he wishes to send files to collectors of obsolete hardware he should probably uninstall Stuffit from his system. I cannot conceive that anyone could seriously be still using OS 9 or earlier in earnest.

Stroller.