Hi,

I found out my /usr is getting full pretty fast, so I want
to increase it before it happens a real problem. I have:

/dev/md4 (sda5+sdb5), ~5GB size, used for /var, nearly empty
/dev/md5 (sda6+sdb6), ~5GB size, used for /usr, nearly full (90%)
And I have /backup on separate partition (hda1), big enough

What I think of is this procedure: First I copy /var and /usr:
cp -a /var /backup
cp -a /usr /backup

Then I intend to reboot with install-cd, repartition sda/sdb
(make sda5/sdb5 smaller and sda6/sdb6 bigger), create new
/dev/md4 and /dev/md5, mount them, and copy the content back.

cp -a /mnt/gentoo/backup/var /mnt/gentoo/var
cp -a /mnt/gentoo/backup/usr /mnt/gentoo/usr

Is it a correct procedure? All partitions are ext3 type, no lvm2,
moreover on /dev/md so I can not extend/shrink them while using...

Jarry