Hi,

I normally like to have the documentation built for all packages.
Therefore I have added 'doc' to /etc/make.conf USE

But I don't need documentation for the packages in kde-base/*
and kde-misc/*.
Since some of these take over an  hour just for doxygen (on a Phenom II
3GHz) I'd like to disable the generation of documentation for all these
packages.

How can I set the '-doc' use flags for all packages matching kde-base/*
and kde-misc/* (There are hundreds of them!)

Note, I cannot use  'USE=-doc' on the command line since
emerge   --update --complete-graph  --reinstall changed-use world
would then reinstall many other packages to remove the documentation
which I doesn't want.

Many thanks for a hint,

Helmut Jarausch

Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik