On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 13:33:58 +0100
laurent <laur...@logiquefloue.org> wrote:

> > But your real problem is a stupid original disk layout. Why don;t you
> > decide
> > to fix that instead of getting into cute tricks with symlinks?
> >
> Because I let my server host install it with their default disk layout.
> When I realise it looks pretty un-servish I had already installed http
> server with client website on it.
> The simplest for me was to move folders because I did not find any 'how
> to' that say it would be simple de repartition with keeping your data on.

It should be pretty easy to rsync /home to some other (temporary)
place, 'pvcreate /dev/home-whatever' and lvcreate, say, a
separate vol for portage (with it's ever-growing tree/distfiles) and
for /home, leaving plenty of space to play with, should you need it
either on these partitions or to create others.

Well, LVM is just what I mean ;)

--
Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net