Andrew Gaydenko wrote:
compiz wants x11-libs/libX11[xcb] (even 0.8.2), and mesa 7.4_rc1 wants x11-libs/libX11[xcb=] (it's for current ~amd64).
Does [xcb=] means "without the flag"?
Tree bug?

I don't know why it shows like this with you, but here it told me that that I had to remove the xcb USE flag from mesa. Instead of that, I simply globally enabled xcb in make.conf and disabled it only for cairo (the ebuild told me it's not a good idea to use xcb with cairo).

So to make it short, put "xcb" in your USE flags in make.conf, and put:

  x11-libs/cairo -xcb

in /etc/portage/package.use. Then "emerge -auvDN world" and you should be set.