On Thu, Apr 09, 2009 at 11:06:28AM -0400, Penguin Lover Valmor de Almeida
squawked:
> These are the packages that I actually emerged to keep the system lean
> (from world file):
>
> dev-texlive/texlive-fontsextra
> dev-texlive/texlive-latex
> dev-texlive/texlive-latexextra

You are free to break your system however you want. Check the gentoo
texlive guide for the recommended/supported way of installing tex. If
you don't follow it and it breaks, well, tough.

You said you want to keep it free from clutter. If you only emerge
texlive, it will keep your world file even cleaner. AND if you look at
the sizes of all the packages downloaded, you'd see that most of the
additional packages take next to no space on the capacity of a modern
computer. In fact, many of those things that you refused to install
came with tetex anyway, you just didn't see them as separate packages.

I float like an anchor and sting like a moth.
Sortir en Pantoufles: up 854 days, 12:39