Hi group,

Before I can install gentoo on my 4G SSHD EEE 900A, I need to know what
partition to use to chroot to.

There are four partitions on the SSHD, sda1,2,3,4. sda1 is formatted ext2 and
is the largest and contains the file system. sda2 is slightly smaller,
formatted ext3 and also has a file system on it, but with fewer files. sda3 is
very small, formatted fat32, and is empty. sda4 is formatted fat16, and is
empty(I think, I wasn't able to mount it).

Why do sda1 and sda2 have virtually the same files on them and why is one
formatted ext2 and the other ext3?

What is the purpose of the fat partitions?

What partitions, size, format etc do list members recommend.

I asked this question on the eee forum but got no answer.

Maxim

Ask a question on any topic and get answers from real people. Go to Yahoo!
Answers and share what you know at http://ca.answers.yahoo.com