On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 5:04 PM, Paul Hartman
<paul.hartman+gen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 4:39 PM, Jochen Becker <nighty...@googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Paul Hartman schrieb:
>>>
>>> I have never run that program. I just tried it in an NX session and
>>> not only did kolourpaint die, but it killed my entire NX session
>>> completely and disconnected me from the remote machine!
>>>
>> Could you try to run kolourpaint from a xterm and log the output (maybe
>> with strace) into a logfile?
>
> I will try later from home... for now it kills my remote session so I
> can't try it :)

Trying locally on the machine and Kolourpaint works fine... I just
opened and closed it 10 times, drew some pictures, saved, opened...
everything seems to work normally. In the console the only output is
"Starting KolourPaint on a 24-bit screen..." and that's all. Here is
the kdelibs and qt-core I am using and their USE flags:

x11-libs/qt-core-4.5.0  USE="glib iconv qt3support ssl
-custom-cxxflags -debug -doc -pch"

kde-base/kdelibs-4.2.2-r1  USE="acl alsa bzip2 fam jpeg2k mmx nls
openexr opengl semantic-desktop spell sse sse2 ssl zeroconf -3dnow
(-altivec) -bindist -debug -doc -kdeprefix -kerberos -test"