Upgrading to xorg-server-1.5 went relatively smoothly on 2 laptops,
but my first attempt on a desktop has been a failure.  I get:

Backtrace:
Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-open.c: 260: dl_open_worker:
Assertion `_dl_debug_initialize (0, args->nsid)->r_state ==
RT_CONSISTENT' failed!

So many packages were upgraded along with xorg-server that I'm not
sure what to downgrade.  Here are the packages that were upgraded at
the same time.  Can anyone suggest any to downgrade?  I've already
downgraded to xorg-server-1.3.0.0-r6 and mesa-6.5.2-r1.

dev-db:sqlite
sys-libs:timezone-data
dev-libs:libevent
x11-misc:util-macros
x11-proto:xproto
x11-proto:inputproto
x11-libs:xtrans
x11-proto:renderproto
x11-proto:randrproto
x11-libs:pixman
x11-proto:xf86driproto
x11-proto:printproto
dev-libs:libpthread-stubs
x11-proto:dri2proto
x11-proto:xextproto
x11-libs:libXau
x11-libs:libdrm
x11-apps:rgb
x11-apps:sessreg
x11-libs:libX11
x11-libs:libXext
x11-libs:libXrender
x11-libs:libxkbfile
x11-apps:luit
x11-libs:libXi
x11-libs:libXrandr
x11-libs:libXxf86vm
x11-apps:xkbcomp
x11-libs:libXScrnSaver
x11-libs:libXinerama
x11-libs:libXv
x11-apps:xrandr
x11-apps:mkfontscale
x11-libs:libXfont
x11-apps:mkfontdir
net-libs:gnutls
x11-misc:xkeyboard-config
x11-libs:libXft
x11-libs:libSM
x11-libs:libXmu
media-libs:mesa
x11-apps:xauth
x11-apps:xrdb
x11-wm:twm
x11-apps:xprop
x11-apps:xwininfo
x11-apps:mesa-progs
x11-libs:libXaw
x11-apps:xsm
x11-apps:xclock
x11-apps:xmessage
x11-terms:xterm
x11-apps:xinit
x11-libs:libpciaccess
x11-base:xorg-server
x11-drivers:xf86-input-evdev

Should I just mask the installed version of all of these?  Thanks for
any advice.

- Grant