On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 4:26 PM, Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> pk wrote:
>> Dale wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have a Canon PowerShot A95 camera that until today worked fine.  Gtkam
>>> could see it and download my pictures.  I'm on the same old kernel but
>>> did upgrade some stuff recently.
>>>

>> UDEV?
>>
>> Also, there might be other stuff that messes with the udev rules
>> (libgphoto2, which is the backend of gtkam, has its own udev rules).
>> Check your /etc/udev/rules.d/ to see if there are any changes...
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Peter K
>>

> I ran udevadm monitor and then turned on the camera.  It didn't see
> anything either.  It acts like it is not plugged in.
>
> I also tried to run gtkam as root and it saw nothing either.  I don't
> think it is a permissions issue, which I have had a long time ago.
>
> I did check for the udev rules and it was updated a couple weeks ago.
> I'll reemerge libgphoto and friends.  Maybe it will help.
>
> Open to other ideas tho.

I have a Canon PowerShot SD550 camera at home. I haven't tried hooking
it up with the USB interface in a looooooong time, so if your problem
was caused by an update of some sort it may have happened to me, too.
I'll give it a go tonight when I get home and let you know how it
turns out. (It uses the ptp2 driver, I believe)