On Saturday 18 April 2009 18:43:17 Drew Tomlinson wrote:
> >  You may have to add entries to /etc/env.d and run env-update.
>

> What might I need to add?  I looked in the directory and found lots of
> files.  Thus I suspect I need to create a file and add the proper line.
> Would it be some sort of "LD_PATH=" line?

Yes, that's how you do it. env-update goes through all files it finds in
/etc/env.d/ and adds all the LDPATH statements together to create one large
environment variable. The order of these paths are important as they are
searched in the order they appear in the environment variable. So the files in
/etc/env.d/ have two digits in front of the name so you can order them the way
you want. Files starting with 00 are done first, 99 last

> > Looks like a classic case of Adobe *nix-cluelessness
> >

> Combined with my classic *nix-cluelessness regarding libraries and
> paths...  :)

LDPATH works the same way as PATH, it just applies to finding libraries. PATH
applies to finding programs.

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com