Howdy,

Well I just went back to using two monitors in twinview mode after a few
months of single monitor suffering.  But now when KDM start I get half a
screen of garbage on the left half of the left monitor and on the right
half of the right monitor.  OK, should just need to set the background
image.  So head over to Computer, System Settings, Advanced, Login
Manager but got a problem, everything there is disabled.  Docs imply
there should be an Admin button but it's not there (Have: Help,
Defaults, Reset(disabled), & Apply(disabled)).

Thinking, oh well, off to /usr/kde/4.2/share/config/kdm, edit kdmrc and
set GreeterScreen to -1 (the only multi display setting I saw) to see
what happens.  Ran genkdmconf.  Restarted xdm.  No change.

Any ideas?

TIA,
Roy