I use Gnome on ~amd64 and everything is working fine.
I don't use pulse audio, just alsa.

I also had those issues with x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-180.35 as Paul said.
Other than that I can't think of something right now.
Are all packages well? `revdep-rebuild` returns no problems ?

2009/5/1 Paul Hartman
<paul.hartman+gen...@gmail.com<paul.hartman%2bgen...@gmail.com>