Matt Harrison wrote:
Neil Bothwick wrote:
On Sun, 10 May 2009 21:42:46 +0100, Matt Harrison wrote:

The only other thing I was thinking about is: If the appropriate
drivers for this eee900 are indeed in the 2.6.28 series, can you
provide pointers to the locations of necessary options? I have read
here and there that I need to use the athk(?) driver for wireless, and
there is such thing as the eeepc_laptop module, but I have no idea
about configuring a kernel for them.

You need ATH5K for wireless and ATL2 for wired. EEE_LAPTOP is useful too.
I've attached my tuxonice-sources-2.6.29-r1 config as a guide of
something that works, although it's still got some redundant options
enabled.

Ok, using your .config I'm almost there, but not quite. It's panic'ing like so:

List of all partitions:
0800    3940272 sda driver: sd
  0801      136521 sda1
  0802      506047 sda2
  0803     3293325 sda3
0810   15761088 sdb driver: sd
  0811     3906472 sdb1
  0812    11854584 sdb2
No filesystem could mount root, tried: ext3 vfat msdos iso9660
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(8-3)

Now, seeing as it's showing the correct paritions and sizes, I'm not sure why this is. All my partitions are ext2 at the moment as I heard that was better to use on the SSDs. I see that ext2 isn't in the list of tried FSs, but I'm almost certain that you should be able to boot an ext2 root (unless that's been deprecated or something).

I've got rootwait and rootdelay=10 in my kernel options, and it does seem to be detecting everything fine, just not mounting.

Any pointers welcomed.

Of course it does help when you have ext2 compiled in...god knows why it wasn't, some strange defaults going on there.

I seem to be booting fine now. Onto checking out the rest of it. Thanks for the help.

~M