Paul Hartman wrote:
On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 4:52 PM, dhk <dhk...@optonline.net> wrote:
Ever since I upgraded firefox to version 3 it crashes when certain pages are
opened.  Currently I have version 3.0.10 and amd64.  I've been hoping the
problem would get fixed, but it hasn't been yet.  For example I can not even
go to ebay ( http://www.ebay.com ), the page flashes and then firefox
crashes.  Does anyone know what's causing this and how it can be fixed?

My guess would be flash... try uninstalling flash, java,
nspluginwrapper, disabling add-ons, etc one by one until you find the
cause.

I tried by moving the old .mozilla directory to .mozilla.old and started Firefox on the command line and the results were the same. When I went to ebay it crashed and the only output was: "Illegal instruction".

Then I uninstalled nspluginwrapper:
# emerge -Cp nspluginwrapper

Firefox crashed after going to ebay.

Then I installed nspluginwrapper:
# emerge nspluginwrapper

Firefox still crashed after going to ebay.

What else?

Thanks all