On May 31, 2009, at 2:04 AM, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:

On Sonntag 31 Mai 2009, Alexander Pilipovsky wrote:
May be, it's not a "only Gentoo" question, but I want to write and start applications under Gentoo and Windows. I saw Tcl/Tk library in work (as example OOMMF: http://math.nist.gov/oommf/, but it, sometimes, unstable under Windows XP). And it did not like me to look of buttons, lists etc.
Other way I saw in using wxPython (http://www.wxpython.org/) or
wxWidgets (http://www.wxwidgets.org/). I want to have as little as
possible differences in GUI of my program when it starts under GNOME,
KDE or Windows. May be some other libraries for crossplatform
development are exists.

What library better for unification of application look and developing?

P. S. Excuse my English, please :)

qt

There's a few to choose from.  Here's some:

java - portability was one of the original design goals
javafx - looks real interesting for 2D graphics
gtk - lots of language wrappers available
qt4 - some kde apps are starting to be portable
shoes - really simple UI, designed for learning
gosu - 2D cross platform library

I'm sure there are more...

Have fun,
Roy