Jacob Todd <jaketodd...@gmail.com> [09-06-01 18:12]:
> What format are the icons? What's 'Indexed mode'? What are 'Button
> Screens'?
>
> On Mon, Jun 01, 2009 at 04:58:52PM +0200, meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> >  I am trying to create "button screens" and such stuff for a touch
> >  enabbles LCD of 160x80 pixels (pure black and white).
> >
> >  Unfortunately I couldn't convince gimp to set black pixels
> >  when using Indexed mode...
> >
> >  And converting an rgb/grayscaled picture to b/w is no option,
> >  since on a 160x80 "screen" this would result in broken lines
> >  and such...
> >
> >  I there any Icon-Editor which is able to handle text (kiconeditor
> >  can't do that) and the other more general graphical drawing
> >  operations?
> >
> >  Or any other application with which I could acchieve what I want?
> >
> >  Thank you very much for any help in advance!
> >
> >  Kind regards,
> >  Meino Cramer
> >

> > --
> > Please don't send me any Word- or Powerpoint-Attachments
> > unless it's absolutely neccessary. - Send simply Text.
> > See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
> > In a world without fences and walls nobody needs gates and windows.

Format is any format. which supports pure b/w pixels...pbm for
example.
Button screens are screens, on which button are drawn, since on
screen sizeof of a handfull of pixels (160x80) in this case it is
not useful to use windowmanager or XLibs or such to draw on to
the screens. The screens are predefined and put onto the LCD
when necassary.
Indexed mode is a way to store the colors of a picture:
True color: Each picture cell (short pixel) contains the bytes of
bits defining the absoulte color value for red green and blue (rgb).
Indexed mode: Each picture cell contains an index into an array of
predefined rgb tripel.
Most often, programs which do support only treu color does not
understand to export to pure b/w image formats.
Programs understanding indexed mode do more often pure b/w...

Based on this, what program would you suggest to use, Jake?

Meino Cramer