On Mittwoch 10 Juni 2009, Alan McKinnon wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 June 2009 00:17:43 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:

> > > Drat. Horrors. Now my secret is out :-)
> > >
> > > And on a completely different but related topic, herewith a puzzle:
> > >
> > > How long does it take to sync the brand new Fedora 11 release?
> >
> > two hours?
>
> 5 days, 9 hours, 27 minutes and counting

sweet. That is even worse than I imagined.

> > 1 second?
>
> 200G shouldn't take more than a day.

I was joking, but yeah, more than a day starts to stink.  Small pipes and bad
upstream are no a loveable, cuddly cute situation.

> Part of that is a booboo on the Fedora master mirror (content was
> available, it went away, it came back).

sounds like real fun ... the fun you wish your enemy to have.

> That's bandwidth constraints for you. Into Africa it gets even worse. Total
> bandwidth to Kenya is not even 1M. International companies get their mail
> over dialup with fetchmail.

that is indeed horrible. Nobody should be forced to use fetchmail.

> And let's not even mention Zimbabwe...

I am surprised that Zimbabwe still exists to be honest. But for some reason
that trainwreck still jerks around. Just like a headless chicken.