On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 9:31 AM, Kevin O'Gorman<kogor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried that Adobe site in FF on gentoo and ubuntu with the same
> non-result.  On Vista, I tried FF, Opera, Safari and IE 8, with varied
> forms of failure.  Interestingly, Opera at least offered to start
> inkscape to view the image, which succeeded.  The text on that image
> suggested it's specific to an adobe plugin -- which it plugs of
> course.
>
> Does somebody have a web page with SVGs that normal browsers with
> non-proprietary plugins/viewers _can_ view?

http://www.w3schools.com/svg/svg_inhtml.asp

This page has examples of 3 ways to do it (you should see blue
rectangles if SVG is rendering). All 3 examples work for me in Firefox
3.0.11, Seamonkey 1.1.16, Opera 9.64, Konqueror 4.2.3 and Safari 4
(all on Windows). Internet Explorer 8, naturally, requires a plug-in
to view SVG.