Stroller wrote:

> On 15 Jun 2009, at 11:57, Richard McCombie wrote:
>> I'm trying to monitor the temperature of my CPU in Gentoo. I have a
>> Pentium D 3.00GHz.
>>
>> I tried compiling my kernel with the coretemp module but this won't
>> modprobe (which, I imagine, is because the module is exclusively for
>> Core chips).
>

> sys-apps/lm_sensors  ??
>
> Or is this only for measureing tempertaures on the motherboard?
>
> Stroller.

It may be that the drivers are in the kernel options but he just needs
to know which one out of the dozens that are available is the correct
one.  I monitor my CPU and mobo and I don't have lm_sensors at all.

I do agree that lm_sensors may be a a start since it has a detection
tool.  Then he could take that info and dig around in the kernel config.

Dale

:-)  :-)