On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 10:21 AM, Harry Putnam <rea...@newsguy.com> wrote:

> Where do we list modules we want loaded at boot?
>
> When I run  modprobe fuse
> WARNING: Deprecated config file /etc/modprobe.conf, all config files
>         belong  into /etc/modprobe.d/.
>
> /etc/modprobe.conf doesn't actually appear to have any modules listed
> but does list a herd of aliases for modules.
>
> Looking under /etc/modprobe.d
> aliases.conf  blacklist.conf  i386.conf  pnp-aliases.conf
>
> All of which appear to hold the same or more lists of aliases.
>
> So if I want to load `fuse' at boot... where do it put it?

It's been the same as long as I've been using Gentoo the past 5
years: /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6.  This has always been in the
handbook as long as I've been using Gentoo, too.

7.e. Kernel Modules

Configuring the Modules

You should list the modules you want automatically loaded in
/etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6. You can add extra options to the modules
too if you want.

--

I recommend reading the entire handbook from start to finish; it has plenty
of valuable information and will avoid unnecessary questions.