On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 09:25:49 +0200, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:

> > One of the NICs needs the de4x5 driver another the tulip one. Udev
> > loads tulip first, which then tries to claim the card the needs de4x5
> > but this does not work. So I have to manually set things straight
> > after- wards. Is there a way to force it to first load de4x5 and then
> > tulip? /etc/modules.autoload.d seems to be used too late.
>
> You can let udev assign persistant names to your network interfaces.

I thought that,but reading the question again, I don't think the problem
is naming, but the wrong driver claiming the card. I think the
solution may be to set rc_hotplug="!net.*" in /etc/conf.d/rc then the
modules will load in the order given in autoload.

Or check the modules' documentation for options that will control which
cards they attach themselves to, which would be a cleaner solution.

--
Neil Bothwick

File not found. Should I fake it? (Y/N)