On 06/24/2009 03:06 AM, Mark Knecht wrote:
[...]
Family gets no MythTV for a few days, or maybe forever?

I'm trying to mask things to check this and emerge is really mad at me.

As a last attempt at damage control, try the full update anyway. Remove "fglrx" from VIDEO_CARDS and replace it with "radeon" (I assume you have a Radeon card?) Delete /etc/X11/xorg.conf and see what happens. Maybe the recent xorg driver for Radeons supports the S-Video port of your card correctly. At least that's what I'm seeing while googling for "xf86-video-ati S-Video".