On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 6:31 AM, Pupino <pupi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everybody,
> i'm having troubles with the policykit package, and i've discovered
> that the new version (0.92) has broken all APIs and this causes some
> packages to not compile anymore (network manager in my case).
> So i tried to mask it and keep the 0.9-r1 version instead, but with no
> result.
> I've added it to /etc/portage/package.mask and tried this forms:
> =sys-auth/policykit-0.92
> >=sys-auth/policykit-0.92
> and also
> sys-auth/policykit-0.92
> that should prenvet any version of it being merged, right?
> none of those attempts worked for me, and emerge keeps trying to merge
> it...
> i'm running a x86 system with no accept keywords set.
> any ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Davide

Other people replied with the fixes, but I just want to chime in and say 1
of those isn't a valid package atom:
sys-auth/policykit-0.92

The other 2 are valid.  The first one will mask
only version 0.92.  The 2nd one will obviously mask 0.92 and above.
If you want to mask all policykit versions, just add:

sys-auth/policykit

--
- Mark Shields