On Jul 10, 2009, at 2:07 PM, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:

On Freitag 10 Juli 2009, Alan E. Davis wrote:

My system reboots at seemingly random times.  Usually, this happens
during keyboard or mouse input.  I have been using kernel 2.6.30-r2.
Often this happens when using firefox, but not exclusively.

sounds like
a) heat
or
b) psu problems
or
c) triple faults.

c) is a lot of time caused by memory problems. One thing causing memory
problems is a bad psu.

so - in your case - just try a different psu. Ask a friend for one for a
couple of days. If your problem stays, you have to look elsewhere.

I had to RMA my power supply a few weeks ago, it had the same symptoms.
Let's just say I'm very satisfied with Thermaltake's RMA policy.

Here's a simple test. Boot into BIOS and leave it there. If the power supply cycles, you'll find the machine booted into your OS. This eliminates the OS
as a source of the problem.

HTH,
Roy