It took Carlos' reply for me to reread & make sense of the original post.

On 27 Jul 2009, at 11:46, Carlos wrote:
Ho-Ki Au a écrit :

... In the BIOS settings, all three disks were added to the controller for a RAID5 set up. ... Under /dev, I only saw sda, but there was no sdb, sdc. So it looked like there was only one disk but the system did not recognize it as a raid set.

It looks like *not only* did you add them to the controller, but you configured them as a single drive. Therefore this looks correct.

The whole point of RAID is that multiple disks should appear to the host o/s as a single drive.

As mentioned by Neil, dmraid is for software RAID management. If you want to manage your RAID controller or disk sets from Linux, you'll have to find management software capable of doing this. Try the server manufacture's site or the RAID manufacture's web site to see if such software exists.

A Google for "PERC5 Linux" reveals:
http://blog.gtuhl.com/2009/03/11/monitoring-dell-perc5-and-perc6-disks-in-arch-linux/

Then searching Portage:

$ eix sys-block/mega
* sys-block/megacli
     Available versions:  ~1.01.40!m!s!t ~2.00.15!m!s!t ~4.00.11!m!s!t
     Homepage:            http://www.lsi.com/

* sys-block/megactl
     Available versions:  ~0.4.1
     Homepage:            http://sourceforge.net/projects/megactl/

* sys-block/megamgr
     Available versions:  ~5.20!m!s!t ~5.20-r1!m!s!t
     Homepage:            http://www.lsi.com

* sys-block/megarc
     Available versions:  ~1.11!m!s!t {doc}
     Homepage:            http://www.lsi.com

Found 4 matches.
$

Viewing the RAID using the correct LSI utility should show the individual drives.

I use the tw_cli for my 3ware controller. This is how it it appears on my system (the LSI utility will have a different name & syntax):

$ sudo tw_cli /c0/u1 show
Unit     UnitType  Status         %RCmpl  %V/I/M  Port  Stripe  Size(GB)
u1       RAID-5    OK             -       -       -     64K     931.303
u1-0     DISK      OK             -       -       p4    -       465.651
u1-1     DISK      OK             -       -       p5    -       465.651
u1-2     DISK      OK             -       -       p6    -       465.651
$

Stroller.