For a long time I haven't gotten cron reports from one particular box on
my network.  I've been seeing these lines in my /var/log/cron.log file:

27-Jul-09 12:00  unable to exec /usr/lib/sendmail -t, user -oem, output
to sink null27-Jul-09 12:09  failed user root parsing pr 2002; Thilo
Bangert <bang...@gentoo.org>

I don't know why it's trying to use sendmail; I use exim.  The server is
actually on the same box that's giving me this problem, but the other
two boxes on the network use ssmtp forwarding to forward their mail to
this box, and I get their cron reports.

There's nothing in the exim logs about this.