Grant writes:

> Sounds good.  Will commenting the swap line out of /etc/fstab and
> rebooting disable swap?

Yes. Or, temporarily,  the 'swapoff' command.

> In order to resize the root partition to
> include the swap paritition, I'll have to boot to LiveCD right?

I think it might work without. If you have hda1=boot, hda2=root, hda3=swap,
you could delete hda3 and hda2 with [c]fdisk and make hda2 the size of
hda2+hda3, then use resize2fs to increase the size of hda2. Increasing a
file system's size works online nowadays. I don't think it would work with
hda2=swap and hda3=root, but I'm not sure.

Using LVM, things would be easier :)

        Wonko