On Friday 31 July 2009 00:05:16 Harry Putnam wrote:
> >  Somebody  know how I to  so send mail with  IP and Date/time  when same
> > user login on shell  ( remote or local ) ?
> >
> > I work with another admin's  and I never told me  when they access and
> > for what  my server  to do something,  I try log but this can be erased
> > and maybe mail can help me about access and with this I can Ask about
> > this access.
>
> Do you really think the other admins would be erasing logs?

That's what I was thinking. If you don't trust the other admin, then either:

1. You need to stop being the admin, or
2. The other person needs to stop being the admin.

This is not a technical problem, it does not need a technical solution.
It is a human problem and it needs a human solution.

This sounds nasty. Of course it is nasty - it intended it to be. But it's also
true. In 25 years in this game, I have never found the above to be false.
Trying to do anything about it is a fool's game and down that path lies
madness.

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com