On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 8:53 PM, Kevin O'Gorman<kogor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 6:06 PM, Kenneth Prugh<ken69...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, 1 Aug 2009 14:19:52 -0700
>> "Kevin O'Gorman" <kogor...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> [...]
>>
>> Are the packages looking for a .la file? I had a problem on my system
>> that it wanted a nonexistant opengl.la or something similar. I ended up
>> fixing it by emerging dev-util/lafilefixer and running it
>> over /usr/lib/.
>>
>> This is a wild guess though as you didn't post what the other programs
>> were erroring out with, I could be completely off target with the .la
>> file thing.
>>

> I have not seen anything about .la files.  It has been a GL library
> mostly, much like the sample I posted.
> I'm going to remember that fixer, though.  I've had that in the past.
> I re-emerged mesa and I'm re-running revdep-rebuild right now just in
> case.  Well see...

No such luck.  It just errored out in exactly the same way.

So I've got a busted gentoo.  That's twice this summer, and it's
making me grumpy.

I could do the emptytree thing.  Or I could build a replacement in a
spare partition.
They're probably about the same amount of work, but I really don't
want to do it.

++ kevin

--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD