Howdy,

While attempting to try the latest version of ruby-gnome2 (0.19.1), I copied the 0.19.0 ebuilds to my local overlay then renamed them to the new version. I then downloaded the ruby-gnome2-all-0.19.1.tar.gz, placed it in /usr/portage/distfiles, then used "ebuild ruby-... digest" for each of the packages to create the Manifest file.

When I attempt to emerge the updated packages, the first package, ruby- glib2-0.19.1, errors with a detected file collision on /usr/lib/ pkgconfig. This is a directory and thus emerge finds every package that has installed a file in it.

Now my guess is that some code that attempts to check for conflicts within the /usr/lib/pkgconfig directory is being given an blank package name, thus is checking the directory. My problem is I don't see where the conflict code is even called. Anyone have any hints or know where the documentation is?

TIA,
Roy