I'm trying to do distributed compile with a remote machine that I don't have
root password to. I have a local account with sudo permissions and an account
of the same name on the remote machine. I have set up ssh so I can shell across
without entering passwords nor pass phrases. I have even added my user to the
group 'wheel' and given it that group permission to execute all commands. I
even went so far as to change all the emerge program files in
/usr/lib/portage/bin to have g+x and belong to the group wheel, but it still
tells me:

$ emerge -kuDN world
emerge: superuser access is required.

Is there any way to do this?

-Kevin

-----

People originally thought the eternal question was:

      "Why am I here?"

But now we know the question is actually:

      "Why is THAT THERE?"

-Me