On Tue, Sep 08, 2009 at 12:42:58PM +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Sep 2009 13:13:42 +0200, Momesso Andrea wrote:
>
> > > Amazon's S3 service has proved reliable and economical for me.
>
> > Looks very interesting...
> >
> > Does it also provide a way to mount it as a filesystem (for example via
> > nfs), so that it becomes transparently part of my server?
>
> There's a fuse module to mount it as a filesystem, or you can access it
> with DAV IIRC.

Sounds interesting, thanks for the info!

I might provide the user both a physical storage (at my place) and the
amazon s3.

This way the user will be able to use the local one for 90% of his
needs, integrated in the web interface he alredy knows and uses everyday
(or maybe a knowledgtree installation would be even better), and a link
for "fast downloads", near every file that will connect directly to the
amazon server.

If I set up a script to keep in sync my local storage and the amazon
one, the user will be able to reduce the costs (only download from
amazon when really needed), and will not have to bother learning a new
interface.

Thank you again!

---
TopperH