I'm trying to install gnu interactive tools (apps-misc/gnuit),
but it is being blocked by the git source code management
application (dev-util/get):

   alpha grante # emerge -av gnuit

   Calculating dependencies... done!
   [ebuild  N    ] app-misc/gnuit-4.9.5  874 kB
   [blocks B     ] dev-util/git[gtk] ("dev-util/git[gtk]" is blocking
app-misc/gnui        t-4.9.5)

I can't figure out what the two have to do with each other.  I
rarely use git, so I guess I could uninstall it -- but why
would gnuit be blocked by git?

Does this have something to do with the fact that
apps-misc/gnuit used to be called apps-misc/git?

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! I'm reporting for duty
                                  at               as a modern person.  I want