On Wed, Sep 09, 2009 at 06:11:20PM +0530, Penguin Lover Kaushal Shriyan
squawked:
> > file `which autossh`

What about this command? I want to see if autossh is a wrapper script
so that it has its own environment.

> $ AUTOSSH_POLL=100 autossh hostxxx
> autossh[16050]: checking for grace period, tries = 0
> autossh[16050]: starting ssh (count 1)
> autossh[16053]: execing /usr/bin/ssh
> autossh[16050]: ssh child pid is 16053
> autossh[16050]: check on child 16053
> autossh[16050]: set alarm for 600 secs
> ^Cautossh[16050]: received signal to exit (2)

Regardless, you should file a bug. The way it is ignoring the
environmental variable is definitely different from what the man page
says it should do.

The only things I can think of that gives it such behaviour is either

(i) The software itself is broken and doesn't respect the variable.
(ii) /usr/bin/autossh is actually a wrapper script so you need to set
the variables in there, instead of in your .bashrc.

For either case, the behaviour is not consistent with the man page.

M: Hey, do that again! Make the computer beep...
W: As you wish!
M: ah~~ ah~~... hum, that beep was a G.
W: how can you tell?
(turn around)
oh... no fair... a tuner
Sortir en Pantoufles: up 1006 days, 16:16