Crístian Viana <cristiandeives <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Ebuils that need xml support don't have a USE flag for it.  Only those where
it's optional.

> python has optional XML support, but gentoolkit needs that feature.--

OK I got the xml flag issue resolved, but what about the "threads" flag"?

>From my original post:

USE="-* -nls mmx hardened  ncurses ssl crypt berkdb tcpd pam perl pcre \
python readline zlib bzip2 nptl nptlonly syslog"

so nptl and nptlonly flags are set. -* means most other flags are unset.

To rebuild python, it want the xml flag set for gentoolkit (got it).

But also it shows "-threads" flag as not set.

dev-lang/python-2.6.2-r1  USE="berkdb ncurses readline ssl
-build -doc -examples -gdbm* -ipv6* -sqlite -threads* -tk -ucs2 -wininst -xml*"

Is this a good idea or bad idea to leave the "-threads" flag unset
in rebuilding python or any other package on this mostly iptables firewall?
(even though nptl and nptlonly are set) ????

Where can I read up on the flags in some detail?

James