> I am using reiserfs just for my squid-cache nevertheless
> after I booted
> 2.6.30-r4 on an amd64 system, I couldn't create any files on that
> partition. Is there a way to convert the partition to work or
> do I really have to change filesystems?

I had some weirdness with .30 and reiser. I was using .30 sucessfully for a few
days, then had to hard reset but reiser had problems mounting on reboot. I
tried booting .30 twice with no luck. Booted .29 and it worked fine - in fact
no messages about the filesystem at all - it just loaded normally. I didn't
bother persuing it because I had read about similar issues with .30 (IIRC on
this list) and figured it was probably a kernel bug....