Roger Cahn wrote:
> Hi,
> iscan doesn't work anymore.
> revdep-rebuild or re-install of iscan fails, so I can't use my scanner
> Epson Perfection 3170.  (xsane doen't work also)
> The kernel version doesn't matter (2.6.30-r6 or 2.6.31)
> gcc-4.3.2
> This occured after an emerge -puvDN world of these e-builds,
> and I can't find out which one of them is guilty!
>
> << SNIP >>
>
> The last seven were re-installed with revdep-rebuild, and the 8th
> iscan failed. All the packages had libltdl.so.3 broken.
>
> I don't know how to make iscan work.
> Thank you for help
> Roger

Have you tried to rebuild those packages that link to that library?
>From the man page examples:

       To rebuild packages that depend on libkdecore.so.4 from KDE 3.3:
       revdep-rebuild --library /usr/kde/3.3/lib/libkdecore.so.4

       To rebuild packages that depend upon libImlib.so and libImlib2.so:
       revdep-rebuild --library libImlib[2]*.so.*

revdep-rebuild --library libltdl.so.3 should do something.  You could
always add the --pretend or maybe the ask version and see what it thinks
of that command.

Dale

:-)  :-)